Walkin’ Wheels SMALL Dog Wheelchair
$199.00 – $224.00
The Walkin’ Wheels Small dog wheelchair gives your dog the support they need to live the happy, healthy life they deserve. The perfect size wheelchair for pugs, dachshunds, French bulldogs, and other small pets dealing with mobility loss. The small rear dog wheelchair provides your small dog with the hind leg support they need to continue to run, play, and enjoy their life. Improve mobility for pets struggling with rear leg weakness, paralysis from IVDD or DM, difficulty walking from arthritis, or as a rehabilitative tool as your pet recovers from an injury or surgery. The Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair can be easily adjusted to find the perfect fit for your dog and help your dog to get the exercise they need.
- On Sale: Rear Wheelchairs $50 OFF
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (contiguous U.S. ONLY)
- Only two measurements required
- Fully adjustable in height, length, and width.
- Fits pets weighing from 11 to 25 pounds (weight determines correct wheelchair frame size).
- Wheelchair Frame made of durable, lightweight extruded aluminum.
- Easy to resell because it can be adjusted and used on other dogs.
- Available in Pink, Blue, Seafoam or Camo ($25 additional charge for designer color CAMO)
- Typically ships same day, overnight and international shipping available.
- Fits small breeds: Miniature Poodle, Dachshund, Pekingese, Maltese, Bichon Frise, Jack Russell Terrier, Miniature Schnauzer, King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, Pug, French Bulldog, Shih Tzu, Boston Terrier, Wire Fox Terrier, Miniature Pinscher, Chihuahua, and more. For Corgis, we have a special cart; go to this CORGI page.
- Great customer service for any follow up or questions.
- Available on Click here to learn why you should buy from Walkin’ Pets
- Don’t forget to add AARF 5 Year Membership program for discounts on accessories and replacement parts for your Walkin’ Wheels!
Read this blog post to see a happy dog using a SMALL Walkin’ Wheels.
IMPROVES MOBILITY FOR SMALL PETS
The small wheelchair provides hind leg support your best friend needs to live an active, healthy life. Get your pets back on their feet and back to what’s important, spending time with their family.
Recommended by Veterinary professionals around the world, the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair helps injured or disabled pets to stay mobile despite their limitations.
SIMPLE TO USE & ADJUST
The small dog wheelchair features a durable, lightweight frame that adjusts in length, width, & height for the perfect fit.
How to Choose the Right Size
1. Measure the Rear Leg Height to the toe pad, ideally when your pet is laying down. Do not pull the leg tight; leave some natural bend.
2. Measure your pet’s length or armpit to rump (ATR).
|Rear Leg Height||Weight||Pet Length (ATR)|
Using our SureFit® Calculator? Enter your pet’s Rear Leg Height, Pet Length, Weight and Breed to get the perfect wheelchair configuration for your pet.
What’s In the Box?
- 1 Frame
- 1 set of (2) Foam Wheels Attached to Struts
- 1 set of Extenders
- 2 connectors (7″ and 4″)
- 1 Front Harness with Sleeves
- 1 set Leg Rings Rear Support Saddle
- 1 Belly Belt
- 2 Stirrups
- 1 Instruction Manual
The frame is blue, camo, seafoam, or pink powder-coated aluminum. It will not bend, break, or rust. Black knuckles are on each side of the frame, which hold the leg of the wheelchair to the frame. The wheels/struts will be inserted into the leg and adjusted to the proper height. The knuckle has a high and low setting which can be adjusted with a Phillips screwdriver..
Your wheelchair will come with two width connectors (7″ and 4″). One is already installed in the back of your cart. If you need more width, the wheelchair comes equipped with a longer connector in the box.
Your wheelchair will come with two extenders (side rails) installed, which determine the length of your dog. The length of the extender should end in the middle of the dog’s front leg. It should not pass the front leg.
The Front Harness
The dog’s head goes between the blue and black straps. The red strap goes under the dog’s front legs and clips on the side of the harness. The shoulder pads are made of neoprene and keep the straps and buckles from causing discomfort for the dog. Neoprene comfort sleeves wrap around the straps for the dog’s comfort. Comfort sleeves can be cut in half if they are too long.
The dog’s hindquarters are held in place by the leg rings, or our rear harness support system. The leg rings can also be used as a lifting harness when out of the wheelchair; the excess strapping can be touch-fastened together to make handles on each side.
Wheels & Struts:
The wheels are attached to a metal piece called a “strut.” Each wheelchairs comes with either 4″ or 8″ foam wheels, which are great for all terrains. They feature a dense foam interior with an outer rubber layer. These wheels will not puncture, wear extremely well, and are easy to clean. Your dog’s wheel size depends on your pet’s measurements.
The Belly Belt will help support your dog’s back. It is not always necessary to use the belly belt, but is highly recommended for dogs with a long back, overweight or elderly dogs, dogs with curvature of the spine, and dogs with disc problems.
Stirrups are used to hold the dog’s legs off the ground so they don’t drag due to paralysis, knuckling under, or foot injuries. The adjustable stirrups are positioned to hold the foot up at the hock. If your dog doesn’t need them, the stirrups may be removed from the wheelchair.
The manual gives instructions and tips on assembling and using the Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair.
The tool kit comes in a plastic bag and includes and Allen wrench and set screws. The (optional) set screws may be used to tighten up the wheelchair frame and reduce flexibility, depending on your preference.
Assembly & Usage Instructions
For help assembling the Walkin’ Wheels, putting your dog into it, making adjustments, or getting your dog used to it, here are a variety of resources:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can (rear wheelchairs, only). Go here to see the pros/cons of where to make your purchase!
Yes, that’s the point of the dog wheelchair — to help your dog get the exercise he needs and do his business.
No. Our chair is designed NEVER to collapse on the dog’s leg or spine. We’ve gone to great lengths to be sure of it. The chairs are designed with the help of veterinarians and rehabilitation specialists to hold the dog up, keeping the spine and legs in the optimal position for safety and healing.
What’s more, the purpose of the chair is to give the dog exercise and the freedom to go outside and do his business. When the dog is tired, you should never leave him in the chair.
The reviews we have seen of the experimental sit-down spring-loaded style have not been positive. Although we have done a great deal of research, we have not found a safe way for a chair to collapse on a dog
Yes. The Walkin’ Wheels is designed to be used both indoors and outside. If your paralyzed pet needs an indoor mobility solution that can be worn for extended periods of time, we recommend the Walkin’ Scooter.
If you have a Dachshund or Corgi, it is OK for them to take a rest up against a pillow or bed, because their legs are so short. Otherwise, it is not recommended, due to back or disc issues that could worsen by laying down in the wheelchair.
Yes, we encourage your dog to use his/her rear legs to maintain muscle mass and to get exercise. If the rear legs are paralyzed, then the stirrups will keep their legs from dragging.
All wheelchair orders placed prior to 12 Noon EST Monday through Friday will ship the same day. Shipping time can range from one to five business days. Express shipping options are also available.
We have seen varying degrees of recovery with dogs using the wheelchair. Some dogs have been able to improve so much that they no longer needed the wheelchair. Every dog and disability are unique. While your dog is in the wheelchair they are getting physical therapy improving their physical and mental health.
It is our intention that every Walkin’ Wheels user be happy with their wheelchair. If you experience problems, please call us. Often we can help with a simple adjustment. Please click here for full return policy.
Yes, this will help him/her develop the muscle in the rear legs while using the toe pads to push off. If the legs are paralyzed, then you will use the stirrups to hold the feet off the ground.
- All orders over $49 ship free within the continental US
- Orders typically ship same day: orders must be placed by 12Noon EST, or 9AM PST for same day shipping.
- Overnight shipping available.
- International shipping available.
- Order will be shipped from our East Coast or West Coast facility, depending on product stock availability.
- When selecting free ground transportation, we will select the fastest way for you, using either UPS or USPS.
- If you need a guaranteed shipping time, please select from additional shipping options at checkout.
- Delivery is 1 to 5 business days for Walkin’ Wheels in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska.
Customer Photos & Videos
Watch these videos of pets enjoying their SMALL Walkin’ Wheels!