See the Walkin’ Wheels Front Attachment in action!
Walkin’ Wheels® MINI Front Wheel Attachment can be added to a Walkin’ Wheels MINI Rear wheelchair to create a Full Support/4-Wheel wheelchair for dogs and other small pets weighing 2 to 10 pounds. If a pet becomes weak in the front legs and is already using a Rear Walkin’ Wheels, the Front Wheel Attachment enables the Rear wheelchair to convert into a Full Support wheelchair that supports all four limbs.
- Easy measure; only two measurements needed.
- Fully adjustable – fits very small dogs and other pets weighing 2-10 pounds.
- Dogs can still “do their business” in the wheelchair.
- 1.5″ Caster front wheels.
- Comfortable front support leg rings.
- Available in the color blue.
- Typically ships same day, overnight and international shipping available.
- Great customer service for any follow-up or questions.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 Set (2) Wheels attached to Struts & front round knuckle (A2 will come with attached stabilization bar)
- 1 Leg Ring for front legs
- 4 single Leg Ring Clamps
Rear Walkin’ Wheels Mini sold separately
(A1 OR A2) 1 Set Wheels and Struts: The wheels come attached to the struts; you will get just one set of wheels/struts, depending on the size you need. The Mini Front Wheel Attachment has 3 sizes. The larger 2 sizes (A2) come with a stabilization bar for support.
(B) Leg Ring Clamps: 4 single Clamps are included to attach to the wheelchair frame to prevent Leg Ring from sliding.
(C) Leg Ring: You will not need to use the front harness that comes with the rear wheelchair. You will install the front leg rings instead, just like the rear leg rings. Rubber-coated wires easily wrap around the wheelchair frame, forming two Cs.
How to choose the right size
1. Measure the Rear Leg Height to the toe pad, ideally when your pet is laying down. Do not pull the leg tight; leave some natural bend.
2. Measure your pet’s length or armpit to rump (ATR).
|Rear Leg Height||Pet Length (ATR)|
Using our SureFit™ Calculator? Enter your pet’s Rear Leg Height, Pet Length, Weight and Breed to get the perfect wheelchair configuration for your pet.
Watch How to Measure Your Pet’s Rear Leg Height Video!
Assembly & Usage Instructions
For help assembling the Walkin’ Wheels, putting your dog into it, making adjustments, or getting your dog used to it, here are a variety of resources:
- Instructional videos (click HERE)
- Mini B1 Front Attachment Manual (click HERE)
- Mini B2 Front Attachment Manual (click HERE)
- Mini B3 Front Attachment Manual (click HERE)
- Expert, friendly phone support during business hours: (888) 253-0777
- Live chat on our website during business hours
- Email: click HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
Only Walkin’ Wheels REAR wheelchairs are currently available on Amazon. Go here to see the pros/cons of where to make your purchase!
Yes, that’s the point of the dog wheelchair — to help your dog get the exercise he needs and do his business.
No. Our wheelchair is designed NEVER to collapse on the dog’s leg or spine. We’ve gone to great lengths to be sure of it. The wheelchairs are designed with the help of veterinarians and rehabilitation specialists to hold the dog up, keeping the spine and legs in the optimal position for safety and healing.
What’s more, the purpose of the wheelchair is to give the dog exercise and the freedom to go outside and do his business. When the dog is tired, you should not leave him in the wheelchair.
The reviews we have seen of the experimental sit-down spring-loaded style have not been positive. Although we have done a great deal of research, we have not found a safe way for a wheelchair to collapse while holding a dog.
If you have a small pet, it is OK for them to take a rest up against a pillow or bed, because their legs are so short. Otherwise, it is not recommended, due to back or disc issues that could worsen by laying down in the wheelchair.
Yes, we encourage your dog to use his/her rear legs to maintain muscle mass and to get exercise. If the rear legs are paralyzed, then the stirrups will keep their legs from dragging.
All wheelchair orders placed prior to 12 Noon EST Monday through Friday will ship the same day. Shipping time can range from one to five business days. Express shipping options are also available.
We have seen varying degrees of recovery with dogs using the wheelchair. Some dogs have been able to improve so much that they no longer needed the wheelchair. Each dog and its disabilities are unique. While your dog is in the wheelchair, he is getting physical exercise and improving his physical and mental health.
It is our intention that every Walkin’ Wheels user be happy with their wheelchair. If you experience problems, please call us. Often we can help with a simple adjustment. Please click here for full return policy.
- Orders typically ship same day: orders must be placed by 12Noon EST or 9AM PST for same day shipping.
- Overnight and international shipping available.
- Order will be shipped from our East Coast or West Coast facility, depending on product stock availability.
- When selecting free ground transportation, we will select the fastest way for you, using either UPS or USPS.
- If you need a guaranteed shipping time, please select from additional shipping options at checkout.
- Delivery is 1 to 5 business days for Walkin’ Wheels in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska.
Product Photos & Videos
Walkin’ Wheels MINI Front Wheel Attachment pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Select a photo to view full size.