It’s our favorite time of year! The 2020 Walkin’ Pets Calendar Contact has officially begun! Choose your favorite photo of your pet in their Walkin’ Wheels and enter for a chance to win a spot in our 2020 Walkin’ Pets Miracles in Motion Calendar!
Help bring awareness to how amazing these pets are, with a photo that shows your dog enjoying life in their Walkin’ Wheels! We encourage high-quality photos that are creative, fun, and heartwarming.
Calendar Contest Entry Guidelines:
How long do I have to submit my pet’s photo?
- Submission starts August 1st and all photos must be submitted by 5PM EST on August 25, 2019.
Can my photo feature all of my pets?
- Yes! Multiple animals can appear in the photo, but in order to qualify at least one must be using a Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair. Humans may also be in the photo!
There are too many cute photos, how can I pick just one?
- You don’t have to! You can submit up to 3 photos of each Walkin’ Wheels pet and Walkin’ Pets staff will decide which is the best to enter.
What makes a good photo?
- Photos should be the largest file size possible and high resolution (at least 1,200 pixels in the longest dimension).
- Photo should be a horizontal orientation, not vertical.
- The photo has not been included in Walkin’ Pets Calendars from past years.
- Get creative! Winning photos tend to be unique, fun, bright, and show off the pet’s personality!
Once photos are submitted, Walkin’ Pets is given full permission to use the photos for promotional or other purposes in print, online, video, film, or other mediums.
Make Your Pet a Star!
We believe that every pet is a miracle and we want to celebrate how incredible your pet is all year! Although, not every pet can be included in the Calendar it doesn’t mean your pet will miss the chance to shine! We will be sharing photos all year! How might your dog be featured? Pets will appear on our website, highlighted as a Featured Pet of the Week, or they might make a special appearance in Social Media…the possibilities are endless!
How Are Calendar Winners Chosen?
On August 26th the qualifying photos will be posted on our Facebook page and voting begins! Winners will be chosen based on how many “likes” their photos receive on our Facebook voting gallery. So, tell all your friends and encourage them to vote! Get creative and engage with your fans!
Twelve Calendar Contest Winners will be selected, one for each month! As well as one Calendar Cover Winner! The cover photo will be selected by Walkin’ Pets based on several considerations, including the number of votes, quality of photo, and your pet’s biography.
Walkin’ Pets will send press releases to newspapers and TV stations in each winner’s state or country with the winning photo and story about the pet. Past winners have included rescue dog’s available for adoption. And through the press they received, they were able to find their forever homes and help bring awareness to amazing rescues who care for them!
Helping Pets in Need
Every year the calendar helps increase awareness for the importance of pet mobility and celebrates incredibly animals who never give up. Most importantly, the calendar helps to raise money for the Handicapped Pets Foundation. The profit from this year’s calendar sales will donated to the foundation, allowing them to donate wheelchairs to pets in need.