The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger fits the natural angle of the carpal joint, hugging the joint from above and below to provide support. The Wrist Hugger is designed to comfortably fit your dog’s carpal/front leg area so that carpal injuries heal faster.
- Fits natural angle of carpal joint on front legs (see Hock Hugger for rear legs).
- Allows dog to move easily and without strain on joint.
- Ideal for carpal injury recovery and prevention.
- Supports carpal joint and surrounding structures, so muscles, tendons & joints can heal.
- Helps with loss of support and stabilization from Arthritis.
- Made of comfortable, durable neoprene with VELCRO® Brand fasteners.
- VELCRO® Brand fasteners wrap above and below carpal joint for additional support.
- Great for everyday wear: will not rub, pinch, or irritate skin
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds and sizes.
The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease or condition. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding any concerns you have about your dog’s health.
How to Choose the Right Size
|XSmall||10 – 15 lbs||3.25″|
|Small||15 – 25 lbs||3.25″|
|Medium||25 – 60 lbs||3.5″|
|Large||60 – 100 lbs||4″|
- Detach all touch-fastener straps.
- Place the Walkin’ Wrist Hugger over front of dog’s front leg.
- Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
- Attach bottom strap next, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Professionals Guide to the Wrist Hugger
The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger fits the natural angle of the carpal joint, supporting above and below the carpal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to move easily and without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below carpal joint to provide support for carpal joint and surrounding structures. Our splint foam inserts may also be added to the Wrist Hugger to customize the support level and provide more stabilization for pets suffering from carpal hyperextension injuries.
Here are a few suggestions on how it may be used by professionals:
- For those patients suffering from carpal joint or ligament injuries
- Able to make custom supports by adding our splint foam inserts directly to the wrist hugger.
- For Carpal Hyperextension cases, rectangular foam pieces may be added to the caudal aspect of Walkin’ Wrist Hugger to further support carpal joint from hyperextending. Foam may be stacked on top of each other until desired support is reached. It’s best to purchase a size up when planning on adding foam for custom fit. The Wrist Hugger can be cut down in length if needed but the larger size will allow correct closure with addition of foam.
- For more support to medial or lateral aspect of carpal joint due to ligament instabilities or after surgery, use rectangular foam pieces and adhere to medial or lateral aspect of Wrist Hugger accordingly.
- Use for encouragement of pet to pick up a limb during rehab exercises.
- To be used by pet owners at home for encouragement of a limb during home exercises.
If you have questions about how or when to use the Wrist Hugger or how to customize with foam, please email us or post on our Help & Advice area at HandicappedPets.net.
Walkin’ Wrist Hugger pet photos, sent in by happy customers!