Walkin Pets is Open and We’re Here for You! See how by clicking here.
Walkin' Hock Hugger®: Maximum rear-leg support above and below hock joint.
Walkin’ Hock Hugger
See how the Walkin’ Hock Hugger works!
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger fits the natural angle of the hock, hugging the joint above and below, to help prevent hyperextension. The Hock Hugger is designed to comfortably fit your dog’s hock/hind leg area so that hock injuries heal faster.
- Fits natural angle of hock on back legs (see Wrist Hugger for front legs).
- Supports hock joint and surrounding structures, so muscles, tendons & joints can heal.
- Ideal for injury recover and prevention.
- Helps with loss of support and eases pain for arthritic joints.
- Helps prevent hyperextension
- Allows dog to move easily and without strain on joint.
- Made of comfortable, durable neoprene with VELCRO® Brand fasteners.
- VELCRO® Brand fasteners can be easily fitted to your dog’s comfort and level of injury.
- Fabric wraps above and below the hock for maximum support
- Great for everyday wear: will not rub, pinch or irritate skin.
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds and sizes.
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease or condition. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding any concerns you have about your dog’s health.
||2 – 3"
||10 – 15 lbs
||2.5 – 3.25"
||15 – 25 lbs
||2.75 – 3.5"
||25 – 60 lbs
||3.25 – 4"
||60 – 100 lbs
Measurement “A”: Top of the back of paw to center of hock
Detach all touch-fastener straps.
Place Hock Hugger over front of dog’s rear leg.
Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Attach bottom strap next, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Work up dog’s leg, securing final two straps (size XSmall only has two straps in total).
Make sure the dog’s hock joint fits comfortably through opening on back of Hock Hugger.
Professionals Guide to the Hock Hugger
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger fits the natural angle of the tarsal joint, supporting above and below the tarsal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to moveeasily and without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below tarsal joint to provide support for tarsal jointand surrounding structures. Our splintfoam inserts may also be added to the Hock Hugger to customize the supportlevel and provide more stabilization for pets suffering from tarsalhyperextension injuries.
Hereare a few suggestions on how it may be used by professionals:
- For those patientssuffering from tarsal joint or ligament injuries
- Able to make customsupports by adding our splint foam inserts directly to the hock hugger.
- For Tarsal Hyperextension cases, rectangular foam pieces may beadded to the cranial aspect of Walkin’ Hock Hugger to further support tarsaljoint from hyperextending. Foam may bestacked on top of each other until desired support is reached. It’s best to purchase a size up when planningon adding foam for custom fit. The HockHugger can be cut down in length if needed but the larger size will allowcorrect closure with addition of foam.
- For more support to medial or lateral aspect of tarsal joint dueto ligament instabilities or support after surgery, use rectangular foam piecesand adhere to medial or lateral aspect of Hock Hugger accordingly.
- Use forencouragement of pet to pick up a limb during rehab exercises.
- To be used by petowners at home for encouragement of a limb during home exercises.
Ifyou have questions about how or when to use the Hock Hugger, please email us or post on our Help & Advice area atHandicappedPets.net.
Photos & Videos
Walkin’ Hock Huggers pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Select a photo to view full size.
Watch these videos of pets enjoying their Walkin’ Hock Huggers!
Dog Using Walkin’ Hock Hugger to Support Hock Joint
Dog Named Heidi Using Walkin’ Hock Hugger for Support
You may also like…
Free Shipping Bundle, Products for Ankle/Foot, Products for hock, Products for Rear leg, Walkin' Splints & Leg Supports, On Sale, Sale: 30%, Weekly Specials, Weekly Special: 30% off, Pet Products, Splints & Leg Support, Rear Leg Support
$38.89 – $73.30