Walkin’ Hock Hugger
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger fits the natural angle of the hock, hugging the joint above and below, to help prevent hyperextension. The Hock Hugger is designed to comfortably fit your dog’s hock/hind leg area so that hock injuries heal faster.
- Fits natural angle of hock on back legs (see Wrist Hugger for front legs).
- Supports hock joint and surrounding structures, so muscles, tendons & joints can heal.
- Ideal for injury recovery and prevention.
- Helps with loss of support and eases pain for arthritic joints.
- Helps prevent hyperextension
- Allows dog to move easily and without strain on joint.
- Made of comfortable, durable neoprene with VELCRO® Brand fasteners.
- VELCRO® Brand fasteners can be easily fitted to your dog’s comfort and level of injury.
- Fabric wraps above and below the hock for maximum support
- Great for everyday wear: will not rub, pinch or irritate skin.
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds and sizes.
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease or condition. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding any concerns you have about your dog’s health.
How to Choose the Right Size
|XSmall||2 – 3″||10 – 15 lbs||5″|
|Small||2.5 – 3.25″||15 – 25 lbs||6″|
|Medium||2.75 – 3.5″||25 – 60 lbs||7″|
|Large||3.25 – 4″||60 – 100 lbs||8.5″|
Measurement “A”: Top of the back of paw to the center of hock
Detach all touch-fastener straps.
Place Hock Hugger over front of dog’s rear leg.
Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Attach bottom strap next, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Work up dog’s leg, securing final two straps (size XSmall only has two straps in total).
Make sure the dog’s hock joint fits comfortably through opening on back of Hock Hugger.
Professionals Guide to the Hock Hugger
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger fits the natural angle of the tarsal joint, supporting above and below the tarsal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to move easily and without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below tarsal joint to provide support for tarsal joint and surrounding structures. Our splint foam inserts may also be added to the Hock Hugger to customize the support level and provide more stabilization for pets suffering from tarsal hyperextension injuries.
Here are a few suggestions on how it may be used by professionals:
- For those patients suffering from tarsal joint or ligament injuries
- Able to make custom supports by adding our splint foam inserts directly to the hock hugger.
- For Tarsal Hyperextension cases, rectangular foam pieces may be added to the cranial aspect of Walkin’ Hock Hugger to further support tarsal joint from hyperextending. Foam may be stacked on top of each other until desired support is reached. It’s best to purchase a size up when planning on adding foam for custom fit. The Hock Hugger can be cut down in length if needed but the larger size will allow correct closure with addition of foam.
- For more support to medial or lateral aspect of tarsal joint due to ligament instabilities or support after surgery, use rectangular foam pieces and adhere to medial or lateral aspect of Hock Hugger accordingly.
- Use to encourage pet to pick up a limb during rehab exercises.
- To be used by pet owners at home for encouragement of a limb during home exercises.
If you have questions about how or when to use the Hock Hugger, please email us or post on our Help & Advice area at HandicappedPets.net.
Customer Photos & Videos
Walkin’ Hock Huggers pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Watch these videos of pets enjoying their Walkin’ Hock Huggers!