Select the next Larger size and add the Custom-Fit Foam. Foam is also useful for providing extra padding to certain areas of the leg and filling in hollows to ensure adequate support. Learn More.
Splints should be used only when recommended by a veterinarian who will determine whether the splint is appropriate.
The Walkin’ Bootie Splint extends under the front or rear paw to stabilize the toes in their natural position. The Bootie Splint provides localized support just below the ankle or wrist to underneath the paw only- for when carpal or hock bracing is not needed. This splint helps to protect and rehabilitate injuries such as sprains, nerve damage, and knuckling, as well as offering post-surgical support.
- Constructed of a lightweight, rigid plastic exterior, soft interior foam padding, non-skid pad on bottom, and touch-fastener closures.
- Sizes XS-M have two touch-fastener closures, and L-XL have three.
- This sturdy and supportive design allows weight to be put on the injured or weak paw while keeping the healthy carpal or hock joint free.
- To get more of a custom fit add Walkin’ Custom-fit Foam for an additional $9.95
The Walkin’ Bootie Splint may benefit pets with the following conditions:
Please consult with your veterinarian to determine whether this is the best treatment for your pet.
Rear Leg Conditions:
- Neurological conditions causing knuckling of the paw
- Metatarsal joint instabilities or malformations
- Soft tissue injuries to metatarsal ligaments/tendons
- Post-surgical protection
- Osteoarthritis of metatarsal joints.
Front Leg Conditions
- Neurological conditions causing knuckling of paw
- Metacarpal joint instabilities or malformations
- Soft tissue injuries to metacarpal tendons/ligaments
- Post-surgical protection
- Osteoarthritis of metacarpal joints.
We advise that you consult with your veterinarian to see if a splint is right for your pet.
THE COMFORT & SUPPORT YOUR PET NEEDS
For pets with rear or front foot injuries, give your pet the support they need & keeps your dog or cat’s paw in a normal walking position, allowing them to place weight on their injured limb.
HELP YOUR PET’S PAW HEAL
Designed to fit comfortably while providing joint, paw and toe support for your pet. This paw splint helps promote your pet’s healing during physical therapy and recovery.
PROTECT YOUR PET’S WEAK LIMB
This durable and lightweight splint is shorter than a standard pet splint and supports your pet’s lower leg and completely under the paw to ensure your pet’s foot is fully supported & protected.
How to Choose the Right Size
The Walkin’ Bootie Splint is designed to support the Rear OR Front paw. The splint sits low on the leg, supporting just below the ankle or wrist to underneath the paw only. It will not stabilize the hock or knee on the rear leg, or the carpal or elbow on the front leg. Please check with your veterinarian before using a splint on your dog, cat, or other pet.
If you have any fitting concerns with your Splint, please contact our Customer Care Team or refer to your Veterinarian.
For Use on the Front Leg
A: Measure from the end of the longest toenail to 1/2” below the carpal joint.
C: To measure paw width, rest dog’s paw on a piece of paper, and mark either side of the widest part. Measure between these two points.
For Use on the Rear Leg
A: Measure from the end of the longest toenail to 1/2” below the hock joint.
|5.75″||1.25 – 1.5″||XSmall|
|6.5″||1.5 – 2″||Small|
|7.5″||1.75 – 2.25″||Medium|
|8.75″||2.25 – 2.5″||Large|
|10″||2.25 – 2.75″||XLarge|
Begin with measuring your pet while they are in a standing position.
Use measurement A as your main guide for choosing a size. The best fit will be when your pet’s measurement matches with the number shown on the chart. If your pet’s measurement is up to 1” over or about 1/4” under, this is also acceptable.
For C, Paw Width, the range shown on the chart is the most comfortable fit for the size. If your pet’s paw is narrower than this, you can use our custom fit foam to fill in any gaps. If the paw is wider, however, it may be too tight and we recommend going up 1 size and adding the Custom Fit Foam.
Please note: There is no “right” or “left” leg or paw designated for splints; splints may be used for either the right or left leg/paw. If you order a splint and it is marked with “L” it refers to the size (large).
If your dog’s measurement falls between sizes, please call us at 1-888-253-0777, and our Customer Service Department will help you to determine the correct size.
Width of the Leg
To determine if the splint’s width will comfortably fit your pet, measure the width of the front leg 1/2” below the carpal joint, or the width of the rear leg 1/2” below the hock joint. For the most accurate width measurement, we recommend placing a piece of paper behind your pet’s leg and making a mark on either side of the leg. Once complete, measure the distance between those two marks to determine the width of the leg.
|Splint Size||Leg Width at Hock/Carpal|
Custom Fit Foam
Walkin’ Splints Custom-fit Foam can give your Walkin’ Splint a more custom fit to provide optimal comfort for your pet. Using the included Walkin’ Splints templates, the adhesive-backed foam can be cut and trimmed to fit any size or type of Walkin’ Splint (front, rear, hock, carpal, bootie). Then peel the backing and adhere to your splint for a custom fit without the cost!
- 9″ X 12″ adhesive-backed foam.
- 1/4″ thick, Closed Cell Foam Sheet
- Easy to cut and trim foam.
- Pattern templates included to match every size and type of Walkin’ Splint.
- Instructions included with templates.
- Gives Splint a better custom fit for an additional $9.95
Every pet is different, and their needs will vary. The Walkin’ Splint Custom-fit Foam template is a guideline for the most common shapes needed to customize the fit of your Walkin’ Splint. Each template can be cut, trimmed, or altered for your pet’s comfort – every pet is different!
- Choose a pattern template that matches the type of splint you have (front, rear, hock, carpal, bootie).
- Cut template from pattern sheet, choosing the size that matches your splint size.
- Trace or tape cut shape to paper-backed side of foam sheet.
- Carefully cut shape.
- Before removing backing, check fit, and trim if necessary.
- Once completely satisfied with fit of splint on pet’s leg, peel backing and adhere to splint.
Please note: If additional support is needed, foam can be stacked.
Frequently Asked Questions
To determine if the splint’s width will comfortably fit your pet, measure the width of the injured leg at the hock joint (if measuring a rear leg) or the carpal joint (if measuring a front leg). For the most accurate width measurement, we recommend placing a piece of paper behind your pet’s leg and making a mark on either side of the leg. Once complete, measure the distance between those two marks to determine the width of your pet’s leg.
|Splint Size||Leg Width at Hock/Carpal|
Walkin’ Bootie Splint pet photos, sent in by happy customers!