Walkin Pets is Open and We’re Here for You! See how by clicking here.
Walkin’® Blind Dog Halo: Helps blind dogs with SARDS, cataracts, trauma, glaucoma, and diabetes navigate with confidence!
Walkin’ Blind Dog Halo
Made in the USA
$67.95 – $99.95
See how the Walkin’ Blind Dog Halo works!
Lightweight, flexible halo for blind dogs comes attached to comfortable harness/vest. The Blind Dog Halo allows poorly sighted dogs to better navigate whatever spaces they are in. The halo will bump into furniture, other dogs, or walls before your dog does! Builds confidence while allowing dog to participate in normal activities.
- Halo is lightweight and flexible.
- Halo comes attached to harness or vest, depending on dog’s size.
- Harness/vest provides high-quality comfort.
- Builds dog’s confidence.
- Allows dog to navigate spaces without bumping head.
- Helps dogs with poor vision due to SARDS, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal diseases, trauma, and diabetes.
- Suggested guidelines for getting your pet used to wearing the Halo are included with each Halo purchase.
Some breeds are more prone than others to develop cataracts: Boston Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, Golden Retriever, Maltese, Old English Sheepdog, Poodle, Samoyed, Schnauzer, Siberian Husky, Yorkshire Terrier. Glaucoma is more prevalent in Bouvier des Flandres, Shih Tzu, Siberian Husky.
Go to this Blind Dog Halo blog post for more information.
The Walkin’ Blind Dog Halo comes attached to either the Walkin’ Lift Combo Harness-Front or the Walkin’ Small Front Vest, depending on your dog’s size. See chart below to determine the right size:
|Blind Dog Halo with vest for dogs under 30 lbs.
||Girth of Neck
||Girth of Chest
||9.5″ / 24.1 cm
||14 – 16.5″ /
35.6 – 41.9 cm
||11″ / 27.9 cm
||16 – 18.5″ /
40.6 – 47 cm
||12″ / 30.5
||18 – 20.5″ /
45.7 – 52.1 cm
||14″ / 35.6 cm
||20 – 22.5″ /
50.8 – 57.2 cm
||14″ / 35.6 cm
||22 – 24.5″ /
55.9 – 62.2 cm
|Blind Dog Halo with harness for dogs over 30 lbs.
||30 – 49 lbs
||50 – 69 lbs
||70 – 99 lbs
Blind Dog Halo with vest
To determine Girth of Chest
Blind Dog Halo with harness
Photos & Videos
Walkin’ Blind Dog Halo pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Select a photo to view full size.
Watch these videos of pets enjoying their Walkin’ Blind Dog Halos!
Instructions for Walkin’ Blind Dog Halo
How to Adjust the Halo
Different anatomies of dogs make it possible that your halo may extend too far. If this is the case for your dog, bend the halo as in this photo to bring it closer to your dog’s nose and head.
How to Assemble the Halo
- Unbend the halo to form a horseshoe shape. Halo should still have 90° bend.
- Adjust the harness/vest to fit snugly on the dog.
- Take the halo side that is not attached and slide the clip into the harness/vest.
- Put the screws back in on each side of harness/vest clip.
- Halo should encircle the dog’s head at forehead level and extend beyond tip of dog’s nose. Adjust halo so that it is parallel to the ground when on dog.
To provide additional stability to the halo when attached to the Walkin’ Lift Combo Harness:
1) Slide Velcro strip under strapping next to the top handle.
2) Wrap Velcro strip securely around both the handle and the halo, fastening snugly.
3) Do this on both sides.
Happy with Halo!
We got the harness and the halo in the mail today. My wife is SO very pleased with it. I think even secretly the Boston Terrier likes it too!