AMHERST, NH (Sept. 12, 2016) – HandicappedPets.com has announced the winners of its worldwide Walkin’ Wheels pet calendar contest, featuring specially-abled pets in wheelchairs. The 13 winning photos (one for each month plus the cover) are from five countries and eight states in the U.S., and showcase a variety of well-loved dogs – and one lamb!
The lucky lamb lives in Ft. Sumner, New Mexico; Lily was the runt of triplet Dorper lambs, born with four crooked legs. Pet owner Janell Jensen says, “Her wheelchair has literally been a lifesaver for her.”
The top winner and cover dog is Coke, rescued in Thailand by Michael Baines, known as “The Man That Rescues Dogs.” Michael rescued Coke over three years ago after his previous owner gave him up when Coke was run over by a motorbike, causing his hind legs to become paralyzed. Coke uses a Walkin’ Wheels dog wheelchair which gives him his mobility back and even allows him to run on the beach with his friends!
Other winners include:
- Chester, a Bernese Mountain Dog from England
- Wheeler, a Schnoodle from Canada
- Tessa, a mixed breed from Hong Kong
- Yogi, a St. Bernard from England
- Winter, a German Shepherd from Florida
- Stephie Lynn, an English Bulldog from Mississippi
- Eros, a Siberian Husky from Arizona
- Ollie, an English Springer Spaniel from New Jersey
- Eva, a Cane Corso Mastiff from Pennsylvania
- Kenny, a pit bull mix, and sibling Heath, a Cattle-Heeler mix, from Vermont, and
- Ariel, a one-year-old German Shepherd rescue currently being fostered in North Carolina and looking for a forever home.
The Walkin’ Wheels annual calendar contest winners were voted on by the HandicappedPets.com Facebook community of over 100,000 fans from around the world. Proceeds from the calendars will be donated to the Handicapped Pets Foundation.
More information about the Calendar Contest may be found in this blog post: 13 winning contest photos amazing pets youll love/
For more information, please contact:
Marketing & Public Relations Director