Walkin’ Wheels Full Support/4-Wheel SMALL
$358.95 – $458.95
- On Sale: Quad Wheelchairs $50 OFF (Mini not included)
- Ideal for helping disabled pets get exercise and for rehabilitation for injured pets while they are healing.
- Only two measurements required. (If your dog is a Corgi, you will be given a CORGI Full Support/4-Wheel wheelchair when you go to the SureFit® Calculator.)
- Fully adjustable in height, length, and width.
- Fits pets weighing from 11 to 25 pounds (weight determines correct wheelchair frame size).
- Wheelchair Frame made of durable, lightweight extruded aluminum.
- Dense foam wheels with rubber outer layer; will not puncture, easy to clean, all-terrain.
- Easy to resell because it can be adjusted and used on other dogs.
- All wheelchair parts are washable.
- Available in Pink, Blue, Seafoam or Camo ($25 additional charge for designer color CAMO)
- Typically ships same day; overnight and international shipping available.
- Great customer service for any follow up or questions.
What’s in the Box?
Your 4-Wheel/Full Support Walkin’ Wheels comes with a Front Wheel Attachment box and a Walkin’ Wheels REAR box.
Front Wheel Attachment
- 1 set (2) Wheels and Struts
- 2 Extenders
- 1 set Leg Rings
- Nuts, Bolts, and Allen Key
A: Left and Right Extenders (2).
These replace the extenders that originally came with your Walkin’ Wheels Rear wheelchair. The extenders will have a white label with “left front” or “right front.” Socket shoulder screws (4) should be on the outside of the wheelchair and are used to attach the leg rings.
B: Legs (2).
Silver struts (attached to C1 or C2) fit inside the wheelchair legs. The height can be adjusted by a push button on each strut.
C1: Struts and 3” wheels (2).
The caster adapters will be marked with a raised “L” or “R” to indicate which side they are installed on. This is VERY important. The raised L or R should face the inside of the wheelchair with you standing behind the wheelchair.
C2: Struts and 2” wheels (2).
Struts come attached to 2” wheels for shorter dogs like Dachshunds. These are labeled “L” or “R” to indicate which side they are installed on.
D: Front Leg Rings (1).
You will not need to use the front harness that comes with the rear wheelchair. You will install the front leg rings instead, just like the rear leg rings. Leg rings should look like two Cs and not two Vs. The straps go over the frame; pull the black plastic clip over the socket shoulder screw and push upward. You will hear a click when it is locked into place. The dog’s front legs will go inside each ring to support his/her body in the front. To remove the leg rings, put your thumb on the circle and pull down.
E: Bag of screws (1).
Only for replacements, if needed.
Walkin’ Wheels Rear Wheelchair
- 1 Frame
- 1 set of 4″ Foam Wheels Attached to 6″ Struts
- 1 set of Extenders
- 2 connectors (7″ and 4″)
- 1 Front Harness with Sleeves
- 1 set Leg Rings Rear Support Saddle
- 1 Belly Belt
- 2 Stirrups
- 1 Instruction Manual
The Frame is powder-coated aluminum in blue, pink, or camo. It will not bend, break, or rust. The molded plastic knuckles attach the frame to the legs; 360 degrees of ‘teeth’ hold the knuckle in place. On the side of the knuckle, a spring-loaded turning cap allows you to loosen the knuckle and swivel the legs up or down.
Your wheelchair will come with two width connectors (7″ and 4″). One is already installed in the back of your cart. If you need more width, the wheelchair comes equipped with a longer connector in the box.
Your wheelchair will come with two extenders (side rails) installed, which determine the length of your dog. The length of the extender should end in the middle of the dog’s front leg. It should not pass the front leg.
The Front Harness
The dog’s head goes between the blue and black straps. The red strap goes under the dog’s front legs and clips on the side of the harness. The shoulder pads are made of neoprene and keep the straps and buckles from causing discomfort for the dog. Neoprene comfort sleeves wrap around the straps for the dog’s comfort. Comfort sleeves can be cut in half if they are too long.
The dog’s hindquarters are held in place by the leg rings, or our rear harness support system. The leg rings can also be used as a lifting harness when out of the wheelchair; the excess strapping can be touch-fastened together to make handles on each side.
Wheels & Struts:
The wheels are attached to a metal piece called a “strut.” Four-inch foam wheels come standard, which are great for all terrains. They feature a dense foam interior with an outer rubber layer. These wheels will not puncture, wear extremely well, and are easy to clean. Eight-inch wheels are also available, depending on dog’s measurements.
The Belly Belt will help support your dog’s back. It is not always necessary to use the belly belt, but is highly recommended for dogs with a long back, overweight or elderly dogs, dogs with curvature of the spine, and dogs with disc problems.
Stirrups are used to hold the dog’s legs off the ground so they don’t drag due to paralysis, knuckling under, or foot injuries. The adjustable stirrups are positioned to hold the foot up at the hock. If your dog doesn’t need them, the stirrups may be removed from the wheelchair.
The manual gives instructions and tips on assembling and using the Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair.
The tool kit comes in a plastic bag and includes and Allen wrench and set screws. The (optional) set screws may be used to tighten up the wheelchair frame and reduce flexibility, depending on your preference.
How to Choose the Right Size
1. Measure the Rear Leg Height to the toe pad, ideally when your pet is laying down. Do not pull the leg tight; leave some natural bend.
2. Measure your pet’s length or armpit to rump (ATR).
Using our SureFit® Calculator? Enter your pet’s Rear Leg Height, Weight and Breed to get the perfect wheelchair configuration for your pet.
Corgi 20-40 lbs
|Rear Leg Height||Pet Length (ATR)|
|Rear Leg Height||Pet Length (ATR)|
|Rear Leg Height||Pet Length (ATR)|
Assembly & Usage Instructions
For help assembling the Walkin’ Wheels, putting your dog into it, making adjustments, or getting your dog used to it, here are a variety of resources:
Frequently Asked Questions
Only Walkin’ Wheels REAR wheelchairs are currently available on Amazon.
Yes, that’s the point of the dog wheelchair — to help your dog get the exercise he needs and do his business.
No. Our chair is designed NEVER to collapse on the dog’s leg or spine. We’ve gone to great lengths to be sure of it. The chairs are designed with the help of veterinarians and rehabilitation specialists to hold the dog up, keeping the spine and legs in the optimal position for safety and healing.
What’s more, the purpose of the chair is to give the dog exercise and the freedom to go outside and do his business. When the dog is tired, you should never leave him in the chair.
The reviews we have seen of the experimental sit-down spring-loaded style have not been positive. Although we have done a great deal of research, we have not found a safe way for a chair to collapse on a dog.
No, your dog will not be able to lie down in a quad (full support/4-wheel) wheelchair.
Yes, we encourage your dog to use his/her rear legs to maintain muscle mass and to get exercise. If the rear legs are paralyzed, then the stirrups will keep their legs from dragging.
All wheelchair orders placed prior to 12 Noon EST Monday through Friday will ship the same day. Shipping time can range from one to five business days. Express shipping options are also available.
We have seen varying degrees of recovery with dogs using the wheelchair. Some dogs have been able to improve so much that they no longer need the wheelchair. Every dog and disability is unique. While your dog is in the wheelchair, he or she is getting physical exercise, which can improve both physical and mental health.
It is our intention that every Walkin’® Wheels user be happy with their wheelchair. If you experience problems, please call us. Often we can help with a simple adjustment. Please click here for full return policy.
- Orders typically ship same day: orders must be placed by 12Noon EST, or 9AM PST for same day shipping.
- Overnight shipping available.
- International shipping available.
- Order will be shipped from our East Coast or West Coast facility, depending on product stock availability.
- When selecting free ground transportation, we will select the fastest way for you, using either UPS or USPS.
- If you need a guaranteed shipping time, please select from additional shipping options at checkout.
- Delivery is 1 to 5 business days for Walkin’ Wheels in the Continental U.S. and Alaska.
Customer Photos & Videos
Walkin’ Wheels Full Support/4-Wheel SMALL pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Watch videos of pets enjoying their Walkin’ Wheels Full Support/4-Wheel wheelchair!