Walkin’ Wheels MINI Dog Wheelchair
The Walkin’ Wheels Mini dog wheelchair gives your dog the support they need to live the happy, healthy life they deserve. The rear mini wheelchair features a lightweight frame and easy for even the tiniest pup to maneuver. Built specifically for teacup, mini, and toy pets, the mini rear dog wheelchair supports pets who struggle to walk due to arthritis, have weak back legs from an injury, or paralyzed pets recovering from IVDD or a neurological condition. The mini wheelchair promotes mobility and helps pets to get the exercise they need!
- On Sale: Rear Wheelchairs $50 OFF
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (contiguous U.S. ONLY)
- Fits toy dog breeds and other small animals (e.g., cats, rabbits, puppies, piglets) weighing up to 10 pounds (weight determines correct wheelchair frame size).
- Fully adjustable in height, length, and width; folds flat.
- Wheelchair Frame made of durable, lightweight extruded aluminum; urethane wheels.
- Typically ships same day; overnight and international shipping available.
- Only two pet measurements required.
- Fits toy dog breeds such as Chihuahua, Miniature Dachshund, Toy Manchester Terrier, Maltese, Brussels Griffon, Papillon, Pomeranian, Shih Tzu, Toy Fox Terrier, Toy Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier, and more.
- Great resale value because of adjustability.
- All wheelchair parts are washable.
- Mini Wheelchair Frames are blue and come in 3 sizes.
- Great customer service for any follow up or questions.
- Available on Click here to learn why you should buy from Walkin’ Pets
IMPROVES MOBILITY FOR TOY DOGS AND SMALL PETS
The mini wheelchair provides hind leg support your best friend needs to live an active, healthy life. Get your pets back on their feet and back to what’s important, spending time with their family.
Recommended by Veterinary professionals around the world, the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair helps injured or disabled pets to stay mobile despite their limitations.
SIMPLE TO USE & ADJUST
The mini dog wheelchair features a durable, lightweight frame that adjusts in length, width, & height for the perfect fit. With three sized frames to help teacup and small pets.
How to Choose the Right Size
1. Measure the Rear Leg Height to the toe pad, ideally when your pet is laying down. Do not pull the leg tight; leave some natural bend.
2. Measure your pet’s length or armpit to rump (ATR).
|Rear Leg Height||Pet Length (ATR)|
Using our SureFit® Calculator? Enter your pet’s Rear Leg Height, Pet Length, Weight and Breed to get the perfect wheelchair configuration for your pet.
B2 Wheelchair Frame:
Mini-B2 Wheelchair Frame comes with Width Connector, Extenders, Struts, and 4″ Wheels installed. Intermediate size Mini for toy dog breeds and small pets.
B3 Wheelchair Frame:
Mini-B2 Wheelchair Frame comes with Width Connector, (longer) Extenders and Struts, and 4″ Wheels installed. This size frame is for toy dog breeds and small pets weighing up to 10 lbs.
The Front Harness will come attached to the Mini Wheelchair Frame, with removable comfort sleeves attached. Red strap goes under pet’s front legs, black strap goes across chest, blue strap clips over pet’s back. The Front Harness may be removed for washing.
The Leg Rings are the rear support system for the pet. Comfortable foam leg rings connected in the center with touch-fastener closures form a flexible “seat” for the pet. Rubber-coated wires wrap around the Wheelchair Frame to connect the Leg Rings easily to the Wheelchair Frame with rubber-coated wires that wrap around the frame.
Stirrups are used to hold the pet’s legs off the ground if the rear legs are paralyzed. The top end of each stirrup is secured around each back knob of the Wheelchair Frame. The top lock balls are used to hold stirrups in place; the bottom lock balls are secured above the dog’s hocks.
The manual gives instructions and tips on assembling and using the Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair.
Extra Fastener Set:
The Extra Fastener Set comes with extra carriage bolts, screws, nuts, and washers in case of unexpected loss of these items from the Wheelchair Frame or Front Harness.
Leg Ring Clamps (optional):
4 Double and 2 Single Clamps are included for use if needed. Clamps can be attached to Wheelchair Frame to prevent Leg Rings from sliding forward.
Assembly & Usage Instructions
For help assembling the Walkin’ Wheels, putting your dog into it, making adjustments, or getting your dog used to it, here are a variety of resources:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can (rear wheelchairs, only). Go here to see the pros/cons of where to make your purchase!
Yes, that’s the point of the dog wheelchair — to help your dog get the exercise he needs and do his business.
No. Our chair is designed NEVER to collapse on the dog’s leg or spine. We’ve gone to great lengths to be sure of it. The chairs are designed with the help of veterinarians and rehabilitation specialists to hold the dog up, keeping the spine and legs in the optimal position for safety and healing.
What’s more, the purpose of the chair is to give the dog exercise and the freedom to go outside and do his business. When the dog is tired, you should never leave him in the chair.
The reviews we have seen of the experimental sit-down spring-loaded style have not been positive. Although we have done a great deal of research, we have not found a safe way for a chair to collapse on a dog.
Yes. The Walkin’ Wheels is designed to be used both indoors and outside. If your paralyzed pet needs an indoor mobility solution that can be worn for extended periods of time, we recommend the Walkin’ Scooter.
For many pets using a MINI, it is okay for them to take a rest up against a pillow or bed, because their legs are so short. Otherwise, it is not recommended, due to back or disc issues that could worsen by laying down in the wheelchair.
Yes, we encourage your dog to use his/her rear legs to maintain muscle mass and to get exercise. If the rear legs are paralyzed, then the stirrups will keep their legs from dragging.
All wheelchair orders placed prior to 12 Noon EST Monday through Friday will ship the same day. Shipping time can range from one to five business days. Express shipping options are also available.
This wheelchair folds flat for easy transport.
We have seen varying degrees of recovery with dogs using the wheelchair. Some dogs have been able to improve so much that they no longer needed the wheelchair. Every dog and disability are unique. While your dog is in the wheelchair they are getting physical therapy improving their physical and mental health.
It is our intention that every Walkin’ Wheels user be happy with their wheelchair. If you experience problems, please call us. Often we can help with a simple adjustment. Please click here for full return policy.
Yes, this will help him/her develop the muscle in the rear legs while using the toe pads to push off. If the legs are paralyzed, then you will use the stirrups to hold the feet off the ground.
Our patented wheelchairs retain their value because they can be resold or donated to other dogs because they are fully adjustable. Walkin’ Pets hosts a webpage to make it easy for customers to resell or donate their wheelchairs: http://useddogwheelchairs.com/. Customers are also encouraged to donate wheelchairs to their local shelters, rescues, or veterinary offices for dogs in need.
- All orders over $49 ship free within the continental US
- Orders typically ship same day: orders must be placed by 12Noon EST, or 9AM PST for same day shipping.
- Overnight shipping available.
- International shipping available.
- Order will be shipped from our East Coast or West Coast facility, depending on product stock availability.
- When selecting free ground transportation, we will select the fastest way for you, using either UPS or USPS.
- If you need a guaranteed shipping time, please select from additional shipping options at checkout.
- Delivery is 1 to 5 business days for Walkin’ Wheels in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska.
Customer Photos & Videos
MINI Walkin’ Wheels pet photos, sent in by happy customers!
Watch these videos of pets enjoying their MINI Walkin’ Wheels!