Most pet owners are aware of the fact that pets get stressed out. Certain factors like fear could trigger this. On the bright side, however, there are ways of dealing with stress in pets and behavioral problems. Read on to know how to deal with these common stress symptoms in pets-
- Constant and loud barking: You’ll notice that something’s off, especially if your pet is not the violent type.
- Getting restless and shaking – If your dog has been showing signs of restlessness without any imminent danger, book an appointment with your vet immediately.
- Noticeable changes in eyes: A stressed dog has eyes with dilated pupils, which they keep blinking rapidly.
- Excessive shedding of fur – Dogs usually shed a lot of hair when they get nervous or anxious.
- Constant hiding and escaping – Your pet won’t resort to this because they want to play hide and seek. Pets do this, especially when in public, and might even end up keeping themselves busy with digging or even hiding behind trees or parked cars. This is a distress call, especially if you know your dog to be fearless and incredibly courageous.
Your pet’s behavioral problems could be because of the state of their mental health. Healthy meals, along with exercise, will help steer their behavior in the right direction.
Exercise is vital in helping them stay put and avoid all kinds of stressful situations. What’s more, it enables them to stay fit in every aspect of their health. Like humans, pets need a balanced meal that will keep them healthy.
A perfect balance between protein, carbohydrates, and veggies is the way to go. To be more precise, 40% protein, 10% carbohydrates, and 50% veggies will work wonders for your pet’s behavioral issues. Additionally, you may want to adopt this feeding practice as it determines your dog’s overall well-being.
CBD Oil For Pets
When used according to the vet’s instructions, CBD is safe for pets and has benefits in store for them. Some of which include; acting as a painkiller for your pet, helping in uncontrolled movements, reducing stress and anxiety in your pet, and slowing down the growth of tumors.
However, before making any rash moves like self-medicating your pet, it’s good to be sure exactly what could be ailing your pet. Avoid any product that contains THC. Remember, you cannot even administer your favorite THC gummies Canada to your pet. THC may be beneficial for humans in low doses, but it’s dangerous for pets. You can only give CBD pet treats to your pet after consulting a certified vet. Book an appointment with a vet soonest possible if your dog has been displaying any signs of stress.
Take Care Of Yourself
Pets are very good at sensing when something is wrong with their owner. Their stress levels tend to shoot when they realize that everything is not okay. As much as possible, make self-care a top priority, especially in times like COVID-19.
Here are ways to ensure your mental health doesn’t affect your dog negatively:
- Adopt a healthy diet – Avoid eating foods that would only bring out the worst in you. Eating healthy meals and snacks assures you of better moods as well as your general safety.
- Applaud yourself – Pat yourself on the back and applaud yourself even for accomplishing tasks that may seem insignificant. This gives you the drive you need to go on and achieve even bigger tasks.
- Be grateful – Rather than pay attention to the things that aren’t going as you’d expect, be grateful for what’s right in your life.
- Read a good book – Reading expands your growth and development patterns, among other hefty benefits. Read as many good books as you can, and keep track of your general well-being.
As you practice all the above, make your pet tag along every step with you. Dogs are loyal creatures, and your happiness is theirs as well. You’ll notice significant improvements in your pet’s behavior and health as well as yours.
Taking all the steps listed above very seriously can offer better treatment for your pet(s). Cushioning them from stressful situations will significantly improve their health. It’s also best to involve professional help in every step you take to be sure you’re on the right track.